Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 9,2014 - Been two years too long

Wow, has it been almost two years!!!!!!??????  Can you tell I am not a good blogger lol

The Florida trip with my friends was an awesome experience, something I would love to do again and I am currently trying to plan another trip for Feb. 2015 but its not looking doable :(  waiting on airfare which hopefully comes out before the marathon reg. opens up.

The Tower Of Terror 10 miler was a great Disney run, it was at night but humidity was terrible, I unfort. didn't run with my friends,  I was trying to make it a fun run but the crowd started to separate us and then my competitive mind got the best of me, so I regret not crossing the finish line with my Divas :(
Below are just some pictures from our trip.
The Salisbury Divas



Medal Time







 It was one of the best trips with out the kids I hate to admit.....
When we returned we then did the Diva 1/2 marathon, another great run, here are some pictures from the Diva 1/2 and my girls first time doing the 5K...Diva mama's and Diva Jrs.  so proud of all these wonderful ladies and their girls!!!
Nicole's 1st 5K she loved it!! and I am proud of her!



 Me, Nicole and ToniAnn, so proud of my girls for giving it a try!!


We are now into 2014 and a lot has gone on in the past two years, unfort. I didn't get to run any marathons in 2013, 2013 was not really a good year and I lost my mojo but I was still ran daily when I got the chance.
I have to fast forward to May 2014, I ran my 3rd 1/2 marathon, The Long Island marathon, my PR was not beat, I actually added on 5 mins.  :(  I am so dam hard on myself, I don't know why I can't just run to have fun...I def. did not get to train as much as I should have, dam life gets in the way lol...
I have to say that I am proud to have my best friend Margie join us for her first 10K and now I am trying to work on her to do the Diva half this October.
There are now more divas in our little club then when Nicole first got us together....we welcomed family members and more friends, so exciting, and I feel so happy to be part of this wonderful group of ladies, we all have our own racing styles and paces but we all are there to watch each other cross that dam finish line lol.

LI Marathon:
First time for Margie doing the  10K, Margie and Martha
 Maritza and Rosie doing the 10K
 Myself and Breda doing the 1/2





Laura, Nicole and Sarah doing the 1/2



FINISH LINE WHEWWWWW


 Some of the Salisbury Divas, we are missing some ladies but these woman are part of my inspiration to run.


 And last but not least our cheering section more divas

So now that LI marathon is done, its now time to train in the worst humidity ever for the Diva half marathon again.
My friend Nicole has put out a 14 week program which starts out slow and steady and slowly increases your mileage, its a combination of run/walk with intervals, XTraining and then just a simple run during the weeks it increases.  I am kinda liking it and I hope to be able to follow the schedule, and I keep promising myself I am GOING TO MAKE THIS A FUN RUN NOT A BEAT THE CLOCK RUN, if i can only convince myself the day of the race. ;)
During my XT days I have taken the kids out with me on bike rides, so exhausting, but I am glad to see the kids have an interest other then ipads and tv shows.

Now lets see if I can keep up with my blogging and track my training.
See ya back real soon
 Danielle
   °0°
Me and ToniAnn just finished 3.1 miles



Me and Joey finished 1.5 miles
Me and Nicole finished 2.5 miles

And last but not least me and Paul finishing 1.79 miles



1 comment: